Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hip-Hop ya don't stop.

On Friday I went to my first real british club courtesy of one of our ACCENT staff members, Matt. It was in Brixton, in a sketch area but it was brilliant. It was called Plan B. There were a couple djs spinning throughout most of the early night, then at midnight two local rappers got onstage and started doing their thing. I couldnt understand a lot of what they said, but the atmosphere was really invigorating, just the raw music and the energy the crowd was giving off. I also liked intermingling with the british folk, met lots of guys (hey, it was a hiphop show) and listened to them talk about the music. I watched a lot of guys who were really drunk dance ridiculously, which I guess was entertaining if not mostly disturbing. The night ended with a mission to find a way home, since the tube stops running at midnight (isnt that stupid?). Ended up taking the night bus to the british museum and then walking the block home. Overall, the first real night out was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment