Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Regent's Park

Im a tad bit behind on my posting, but hopefully I can catch up soon. On Sunday a glorious and rare occasion came to pass--the sun came out! This put a bit of a damper on my original plans to be bummy, sit in my sweats all day, and do some homework. As tempting as it was to carry on with my original plans I just couldn't pass up the good weather. I decided to go to one of the royal parks-- The Regent's Park.

The Regent's Park is a short tube ride away from Russell Square, on the Bakerloo line at Regents Parl (hard to guess). It's rather large, containing the London Zoo at the north and Primrose Hill. It also houses Queen Mary's Garden which I'm sure is beautiful in spring, but was kind of dull. Kelsey, Annie, and I brought sandwiches and ate lunch on one of the benches. It was nice to watch the people in the park. There were a lot of joggers and bikers taking advantage of the good weather. Families were also out and about, on walks and playing football (soccer). There were a lot of people reading as well, though as the sun went down it got extremely cold.

We didn't get a chance to walk the entire park as it got cold very quickly, but I definitely want to revisit Regent's Park as well as the other royal parks. It was nice to escape the hustle & bustle of the city and be surrounded by some greenery.






No comments:

Post a Comment